Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Questionable Gardening Decisions...Giving into temptation


I can resist everything except temptation.
~Oscar Wilde

So…I bought a new plant yesterday.  I wasn’t planning to at all.  I was only in the garden department to get more potting soil and maybe a few more herbs.  But as I walked to the back of the store I passed by a display of hydrangeas and I knew I was in trouble.  See hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers, but I’ve never been able to keep them alive and blooming for more than a couple weeks.  And I seriously doubt that I get enough sun on my balcony to grow them now.  But did that stop me?  Nope.  I had that sucker paid for, home and planted within the hour. 


So now I’m hoping that I will at least get a few weeks of blooms before it decides to “kick the bucket” (or more accurately “kick the planter”).  

So pretty...


My precious



No comments:

Post a Comment