Sunday, April 15, 2012

New addition to the garden...Spinach and Lettuce!

I'm strong to the finich
Cause I eats me spinach.
~Popeye the Sailor Man


About a week and a half ago I planted spinach and lettuce seeds and I just noticed today that they have begun to come up.  We have had some cold days lately and I wasn't sure if it would be warm enough for them to sprout so I was happy to see them doing ok.  I've never grown either of these from seeds before so I don't quite know what to expect.  I only planted in half of the planter because my plan is to plant in the other half in another week or so to try to stagger them a bit.  I like salad, but I'm not sure how much I could eat if it was all ready to pick at once. 

2 tiny spinach plants

Lettuce.  I might have gotten a bit carried away with how many seeds I planted, but they are so tiny and hard to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment