Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New addition to the garden...Lavender

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly dilly, you shall be queen
~English Folk Song

One of the advantages of finally having my own garden is that I can plant some more unusual plants that never seem to make the cut to be included in my parent's garden.  Lavender is one of those plants.  I've always wanted to try growing it, but my dad can't stand any 'stinky stuff' in the garden so I've never been able to.

Here is what it looks like now:


So mostly leaves at this point, but I found a few tiny buds already.


Even though it isn't flowering yet it still smells amazing.  I didn't realize that the entire plant is fragrant and not just the flowers so that was a very nice surprise!

I'm really looking forward to the recipes and crafts I can create using this lavender.  I hope my friends like lavender sachets...


No comments:

Post a Comment