Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Its the little things in life

Okay, so this post has absolutely nothing to do with gardening, but I just had to share.  This is life changing people!

See this storage bin?



 Well it isn't just a regular storage bin...


Its a cat box!

The best cat box in the world in fact.  I got this idea from a friend of mine at work who got it from her friend.  And now I'm sharing it with you.  So its kind of like Pay it Forward, but for cat litter.  

The reason this litter box is so awesome if that it keeps the litter (and the smell) much more contained than a regular cat box.  The cats jump in through the hole in the top and all the excess litter collects in the lid where you can just brush it back in.  

And its super easy to make.  Just buy a regular storage bin and cut a hole in the lid.  I used a utility knife.  Make sure the bin is deep enough for the height of your cat plus a few inches of litter.  I splurged and bought a slightly nicer bin with the locking handles just to be extra secure.

I've seen fancy cat boxes like this online for $100 or more, but mine just cost $13.99!

And yes, the cats really do go in the hole to use the box.  When I told my family and boyfriend about this idea they were extremely skeptical and might have teased me far more than was warranted.  But I persevered and now I'm sure they will all be jealous of the awesomeness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment