Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sweet Feet

Lt. Dan Taylor: Two standing orders in this platoon. One, take good care of your feet. Two, try not to do anything stupid, like getting yourself killed.
~Forrest Gump

It's almost Memorial Day which most people consider to be the official start of summer.  This means it is also sandals weather for us girls.  I've always been one of those people who is kind of weirded out by feet so I try to keep mine looking cute.  I've started making this easy foot soak.  Its a great way to keep my feet refreshed and pedicure ready and also a great way to use up some of the giant mint plant in my parent's garden.  Mint is naturally soothing and deodorizing so its great for tired summer feet.

All you need is some epsom salt and plenty of mint.  I used orange mint in this picture because it was what I had handy, but you can use any kind.



Fresh Mint Foot Soak

1 gallon warm water
1/2 cup epsom salt
As many sprigs of mint as you want.  At least five, but really you can't have too many.  I leave the leaves on the stems because it makes it easier to fish them out when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment