Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever

Let me take you down,
'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.

~The Beatles

OK so I don't have a strawberry field, but I do have one strawberry!  I noticed that one of the strawberries was ripe today and because I apparently have no impulse control (and I didn't want the birds to get to it before me) I picked it right away.  I did manage to pause long enough to take this picture.


Isn't it pretty?  I don't want to misrepresent anything though so I should mention that this picture makes it look slightly larger than it actually is...



If I've learned anything from watching way too many episodes of CSI its that you should always have something for reference in a picture to estimate size. My strawberry is pretty tiny compared to the berries you get at the grocery store.  But what it lacks in size it made up for in flavor.  This was the 'strawberriest' strawberry I've ever eaten.  This is one of the main reasons I garden.  The food you grow or pick yourself is always going to taste so much better than what you get in the grocery store and it makes all the work in the garden worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment