Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Deviled Eggs

This weekend I was really in the mood for deviled eggs so I decided to make a batch.  Of course a whole batch of deviled eggs is kind of a lot for one person, but I'm not complaining.  I've been bringing them for a snack at work and they are definitely better at keeping me from being hungry than my usual granola bar or 100 calorie pack.  


This is kind of an unusual recipe for deviled eggs because it contains no mayo.  I am not the biggest fan of mayo and it kind of grosses me out to see it in large quantities.  So I substitute cream cheese instead.  This recipe also gets a lot of flavor from a double dose of chives both in the cream cheese and fresh chives from the garden.


Chive Deviled Eggs




10 hard boiled eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons onion chive cream cheese
1 tablespoon honey mustard
2 teaspoons fresh chopped chives
salt and pepper to taste


Split eggs in half and remove yolks.  Mash yolks with remaining ingredients.  Spoon filling into egg whites.  Top with more chopped chives if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment