Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mini Caprese Salad

I've always loved miniature things.  When I was a kid my parents' used to get these dollhouse furniture catalogs and I would spend hours looking at tiny sofas and kitchen tables.  So it makes sense that I'm a sucker for miniature versions of classic foods.  This mini caprese salad was inspired by the tiny leaves on my spicy globe basil plant, but if you can't find this type of basil you can just use regular and chop it into small pieces.


Mini Caprese Salad




For each salad you will need about 10 cherry tomatoes, 6 small fresh mozzarella balls (called bocconcini), 6 spicy globe basil leaves, salt, pepper and a splash of olive oil.


Layer into a bowl or a martini glass if you are feeling fancy.  Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment